Disclaimer & Privacy Notice
Your use of the website located at www.icfa.lu (the “Site”) as edited by Custom Coding SARL, 3, Um Groesteen L-6850 Manternach, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.customcoding.lu, RCS: B104809, VAT: 20042426645, is governed by the present terms (the “Terms”). By accessing the Site or contacting us via our contact email email@example.com (the “Contact Email”), you necessarily agree to these Terms.
When we say “we” or “us” or “ICFA” in these Terms, we mean the International Climate Finance Accelerator Luxembourg.
- Services proposed by the ICFA
The services which are offered by the ICFA (e.g. tailor-made support services, personalised coaching, support in fundraising, etc) as presented on the Site, and for which you may contact us via our Contact Email, are only proposed to promoters or managers of investment vehicles worldwide.
- No offer or solicitation
Use and content of the Site is for informational purposes only. None of the information provided through the Site constitutes an investment advice of any kind. Nothing in the Site shall be considered as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any transferable security or other financial instrument.
Nothing in this Site or use of its content shall be interpreted as giving rise to or forming the basis of a contract, commitment or obligation, notably when contacting us via the Contact Email.
- Site Content
All content accessible within the Site (including without limitation, the “look and feel” of the Site, all text, formatting, graphics, logos, images, audio, and other content, as well as all trademarks) belongs to us or to other parties who have consented a license for such use in accordance with applicable copyright law.
You are not entitled to copy, reproduce (even via framing or deep-link), transmit, alter, publish, distribute, or create derivative works from the Site or its content (except for limited personal use in private copying).
Trademarks and brand names may be used only with prior written permission from the ICFA.
- Contact Email information
To the extent possible when contacting us via our Contact Email please do not send any request to us that you consider contains confidential or proprietary information.
Any request, or any attachment of any sort transmitted by you with such request will thus be considered as non-confidential and non-proprietary by the ICFA when analyzing your request.
- Data Protection
6.1 Collected Data
As visitor of the Site, you acknowledge that the ICFA, with contact details accessible at Legal Notice may collect and process, as data controller, personal data, such as your IP address and email address (when contacting us) (the “Personal Data”).
Your IP address will only be analyzed for identification in the event of your unlawful or fraudulent use of the Site.
To the extent possible when sending us a request via our Contact Email please do not include any sensitive personal data (e.g. related to political opinion, religious or philosophical convictions, trade union membership, etc.) from you or other related person in the content or attachment of your request.
Therefore, if you deliberately include such sensitive personal data in the content or attachment of your request, you acknowledge that the ICFA may have a usage of such type of data when analyzing your request.
6.2 Purposes and legal grounds
The ICFA will only process your Personal Data for purposes related to the management of your request sent to our Contact Email.
Thus, the grounds for such processing of your Personal Data are that such processing can be:
- necessary for the performance of pre-contractual steps when entering into discussions with you based on our offer of services,
- necessary for satisfying the ICFA’s legitimate interests such as seeking maximum efficiency (including administrative, organisational and IT efficiency) of the Site and providing you with our services.
Your Personal Data are or may be transmitted to the following recipients by the ICFA to the extent that the ICFA deems such disclosure or transmission to be necessary or desirable for satisfying the management of your request:
- The authorized staff of the ICFA or of any affiliated entity (including agents or persons acting on behalf of the ICFA or any parent company);
- The authorized staff of our website hosting partner.
Please note that your Personal Data will be stored in servers located within the European Union.
The ICFA will only retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and, afterwards, for the duration of our potential business relationship that may derived from your initial request to benefit from one or several of our offered services, subject to the situations where the applicable laws require that such personal data can be retained for a certain period of time after the termination of the business relationship with any user and subject, as the case may be, to other specific purposes, such as the compliance with legal or regulatory obligations to which the ICFA may be subject to, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Subject to the conditions of the applicable data protection legislation, any user of the Site whom Personal Data have been collected by the ICFA based on the provisions of those Terms may request from the ICFA any of the following:
- right to access his/her Personal Data (e the right to obtain from ICFA confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning the user are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and relevant information in that regard),
- rectification of his/her Personal Data (e the right to obtain from ICFA without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning the user and taking into account the purposes of the processing, the right to have incomplete personal data completed),
- erasure of his/her Personal Data,
- restriction of the processing of his/her Personal Data (e the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future);
- right to object to the processing of the Personal Data (e the right to object, on grounds relating to the user’s particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her which is based on satisfying the legitimate interests pursued by ICFA. Should this right be exercised, ICFA shall no longer process the Personal Data unless ICFA demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the user or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims);
- where relevant, as from May 25, 2018, right to request the portability of his/her Personal Data (i.e the user is allowed to receive personal data concerning him or her which he or she has provided to ICFA on the basis of his/her initial request via the Site, in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, and to transmit it to another controller).
The user may exercise such rights by written instruction to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The user is also entitled to address any claim relating to the processing of his/her Personal Data carried out by ICFA to the relevant data protection supervisory authority (i.e. in Luxembourg, the “Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données”).
We may implement cookies when a user is visiting the Site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s hard drive containing information about a user’s use of a website.
- Analytics’ cookie: these cookies are used to collect information about how you use the Site, such as where you have come to the Site from and which website pages you have visited. We use the information to help us improve the Site.
- Social Media plug-in cookies: these cookies are third-party cookies which allow the concerned social networks (such as Linkedin) to identify you and to associate your connection data with the personal data of your social network account when you share a content from the Site via a plug-in module. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
You can enable or disable cookies by modifying the settings in your browser; however, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Site if cookies are disabled. You can find out how to disable/enable cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third Party Websites
The Site may insert reference or link to third party web sites (such as LinkedIn).
You acknowledge that the ICFA will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those third party web sites.
The ICFA makes no representation or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the content contained on the Site and the ICFA shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions in such content.
As continuous integrity of communications on the Internet cannot be guaranteed, the ICFA shall bear no liability with regard to any difficulties in accessing the Site or any interruptions of access to the Site.
The Site is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. To the extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will the ICFA (or any of its affiliated companies) be held liable for any damages whatsoever, including indirect, consequential or incidental damages, notably damages for loss of profits, revenue, or data, in contract or tort, arising out of or connected with the Site or the use or reliance upon.
Any use or attempted use of the Site and its correlated proposed services for any unlawful, unauthorized, fraudulent or malicious purpose is prohibited and can be subject to judicial actions if appropriate, notably in regard of the prevention, tracking down, recording and prosecution of criminal offences, including money laundering.
You agree to indemnify and hold the ICFA (or any of its affiliated companies) or its partners, harmless from any actions, liability, loss, claim, or damage related to your wrongful or improper use of the Site or reliance on any of the information or other content available via the Site.
- Governing Law
These Terms are governed by Luxembourg law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Luxembourg Courts.
The ICFA reserves in its sole discretion the right to revise and/or update these Terms at any time.
If any term, condition, or provision of these Terms is determined to be unlawful, invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms, conditions and provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.